Talent Relations Manager
Be My Guest is growing and hiring a full-time Talent Relations Manager to join our team!
What We Do
Be My Guest is a podcast outreach and booking agency for entrepreneurs, authors, CEO’s, executives, and personal brands (professional YouTubers, bloggers, podcasters, etc.).
We get our clients booked on podcasts that reach their ideal customers and readers so they can get more publicity, grow their audience, and drive sales of their products and services.
Podcasts are arguably the fastest-growing digital media segment. There are 200 million radio listeners in the United States, and 70 million podcast listeners. Over the next 10 years those numbers will continue to converge, until podcasting takes over as the primary audio distribution channel that consumers listen and pay attention to.
Podcasting is just getting started, and there aren't many companies building expertise around it. If you work in PR or marketing, you need to build skills in podcasting. The Talent Relations Manager will have an opportunity to be a big part in shaping the future of Be My Guest as we continue our journey in becoming a world-class podcast agency.
We’re looking to hire a full-time Talent Relations Manager to help support our growing client base.
You’ll be working directly with our co-founders Erik and Jonathan to help our clients grow their businesses through podcast guest appearances (these interviews will be listened to by thousands of people).
This roles requires excellent research, organizational, and communication skills. This is a client facing role, so interpersonal skills are a must.
Specifically, Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Identify the perfect podcasts for our clients to appear as a guest on using our podcast database and based on the client’s expertise and goals
- Craft personal and compelling email pitches to podcast hosts in order to obtain a guest appearance for our clients on their show (we have a system for doing this)
- Manage a Trello board of client interviews (upcoming, completed, need to follow-up, live, etc.)
- Correspond with clients about new interviews you have booked for them
- Schedule our clients podcast interviews according to both the client and podcaster’s schedule (ensuring the ideal interview times for each of them)
- Ensure our clients have the prep and interview details needed prior to every interview
Who You Are:
- You have an upbeat, bubbly, and friendly personality that shines in email and phone communication with our clients and podcasters
- You take pride in creating engaging emails (this will be your primary duty in this role)
- You don’t cut corners to make your life easier (you spend as much time as needed on something to get results)
- Coachable/no ego - happy doing high level projects as well as mundane administrative tasks
- Excellent at project management and can successfully complete multiple projects occurring at the same time (attention to detail test - use the word "joy" somewhere in your application).
- A self motivated hard worker (we work remotely)
- Compassionate / Empathetic
- Easily handles unpredictability
- Comfortable taking initiative and asking questions
- You’re a podcast fan :)
- Experience in PR, Media Relations, or Account Management is preferred but not required
- Must live in the United States
Benefits & Compensation:
- While we do get together in person occasionally, we’re primarily a remote company (you can work anywhere you want - from your house, favorite coffee shop, coworking space, etc. :))
- This is a full-time 40 hour per week contract position
How to Apply:
In order to apply for this position, please follow the steps below exactly as they are listed:
1. Create a Google Doc for your application. Keep it well organized and easy to digest.
2. Include the following
- Phone number
- URL of your Linkedin profile (if you have one)
- URL of your website (if you have one)
- URL of your Twitter (if you have one)
- URL of your Instagram (if you have one)
3. Answer the following survey questions in the Google Doc:
- After reading the job description, why do you feel you are a strong fit? Sell us on why we should hire you over everyone else. What differentiates you from your peers?
- What have you improved on most during the last year, and what would you like to improve upon next?
- What were the top 3 accomplishments in your last 2 jobs?
- Do you have experience in PR, media relations, or as an account manager? If yes, briefly tell me about it.
- Do you listen to non-fiction podcasts or read blog posts. If so, what are some of your favorites?
- What is your work availability and desired work schedule? Please be as specific as possible with your availability on a day / week basis.
- What is your desired salary?
- Where did you hear about this job posting?
- Is there anything else we should know about you?
The subject line should read “BMG Talent Relations Manager: YOUR NAME”
The body of the email should include a link to the Google Doc and nothing else.
After sending your application, we may reach out to schedule a call.
Thanks for applying!